cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force change password for windows (cisco PCA)

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.with IMAP. Is there a way to force password change (like TUI) for windows password so that when a user log in for the first time in Cisco PCA, he would be prompt to change his password? Is it on the table to have user change password as they can do in ccmuser? Thank you very much for your help..

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Unless this is a unified messaging solution, currently i dont think there is any way to change the windows password of the user which you define locally in the Unity VM only server. The user will have request the admin to change the password for him. IF using Unified messaging, most likely your Unity server is integrated to Corporate AD domain. So if you enforce changing the windows password of user every X number of days, PCA password is automatically changed when the user changes his password.

HTh

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Johanne,

I am working on a Web based script for reset'ng password for the AD account. I will post it once its complete.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Great! Thank you very much..as you understood, we are not unified..

I would be very interested to see how this would work. Please post when you have this created!

This is also somthing I was going to try.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269082/EN-US/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: