cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Userfields in Ciscoworks RME 3.5

bruceboardman
Level 1
Level 1

I see the filter to group by Userfield1, 2 etc... but I've been unable to determine where/how these fields are set? I'm trying to create dynamic groups.

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These can be initially set when adding new devices through RME -> Administration -> Inventory -> Add Devices. These can then be changed later through RME -> Administration -> Inventory -> Change Device Attributes -> select target device(s) -> checking the box "User Fields".

bruceboardman
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this. Do you know if there is a way to populate either these fields of others within CiscoWorks with fields set on the device configuration or with SNMP variables? The goal is to create dynamic groups based on device roll using an automated discovery.

These user defined fields cannot be set in a device's configuration or with SNMP Variables.

The fields are a way to dynamically group devices when adding devices to RME by:

1)manual adds

2)imports from a CSV file containing devices and their credentials

3)imports from a DIF file containing devices and their credentials

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: