Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice VLAN and Data VLAN

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro's,

Guys I need your expertise for controlling my VLAN's no to talk to each other.

My current network what I have, in one area I created five zones, each zones have voice and data vlans and I created 4 voice vlans and 4 data vlans for each zones, how can I controlling them not to talk to each other and I want them only to talk to server farm vlans.

Your quick response and solution is highly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards

8 Replies 8

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Ideally members of different vlans would not interect with each other.

But in your case, you need to enable communications between your server vlan and user vlans.This can be achieved by implementing Intervlan routing between all your vlans.But this will enable communication between your user vlan too.So, to restrict that you can apply access-lists to allow communication with server vlans and denying everything else.

Remember that for Intervlan routing, you need to dedicate a seperate block of IPs for each vlans.

Hope that will help.

Regards

JD

Dear JD,

Thank you for your immediate reply. Thanks for the info but if you can give me a sample configuration or links that I could start with would be more helpful.

Thank you

HI

This will work only on a L3 switch.

For eg you have 2 user vlans : vlan 10 and 20

There is a server vlan 100

for intervlan routing :

int vlan 10

ip add 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 111 in

int vlan 20

ip add 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 111 in

int vlan 100

ip add 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

access-list 111 permit ip any 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 111 deny any any

Pls visit the following links :

For InterVLAN routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015f17a.shtml

For configuring access-list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml

Hope that will help.

Regards

JD

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear JD,

Thanks a lot. You deserve another thumbs up, keep up the goodwork.

Best regards.

Dear JHUN

If I have solved your problem, You will see a drop down box indicating that this post has solved the problem. Pls click on that. These are the carrots I am earning by helping you.

Regards

JD

Dear JD,

I cannot find that option in the drop down box indicating that this post is solved the problem.

The only option that I can see are the points that I can use for voting.

Can you tell me exactly where it is. I am willing to that because it is really deserve for you.

Thanks

You will see a check box called "Resolved my issue." in my posts.

If you are not getting it no problem. Leave it anyway. Concentrate on you implementation. Thats what important to you.

Bye

Dear JD,

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco