Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-5483 in 4507R connecting to PIX515e

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I am trying to connect a WS-5483 (1000BaseT GBIC ) in 4507R switch to a PIX 515e (10/100) port.To my amusement, the link is cot comming up.I have tried both straight and cross cables.

IF I am connecting the same WS-5483 with other WS-5483 in another switch, everything is working fine.

So its the link negotiation issue between a 1000BaseT and 10/100BaseT ports.

The problem is that I am not able to get any "speed" option in the ws5483 so that I can change its speed to 100.

I am even not able to find a any doc in which its written that a 1000BaseT wont work below 1G speed.

Do anybody have any suggestions?

Regards

JD

2 Replies 2

konigl
Level 7
Level 7

WS-G5483 is 1000Base-T, Gigabit Ethernet operation only. No choice of speed (1,000 Mbps) or duplex (full).

PIX-515e 10/100 port is Ethernet (10 Mbps) or Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) operation. Can be set to autodetect speed and duplex; or can be manually set to the speed and duplex of your choice.

You'll need to find a different, compatible port on the 4507R to connect the PIX to.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able to find any doc that supports the theory that 1000BaseT GBIC will/won't support less then 1G speeds. Is there one which you are having?

If I could have then I would not gone with this in first place itself and now the whole solution is in soup now.So foolish of me ain't I? :(

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card