Num digit : incoming Calls

Unanswered Question
Apr 6th, 2007

Hello,

I have Gateway MGCP (IOS) with CallManager 4.0 (2a), the Num Plan based on 5 digits for Phones.

When I receive an incoming call bound for a Phone I see that the operator presents only the last 4 digits to me. That it work if my number ( DN ) called is single. But here is in our internal num plan we use DN with 4 digits (RoutePoint, DN RightFax, and other). What occurs sometimes it is that if external call is received bound for a phone and that the last 4 digits correspond to another number (DN) the CallManager will take the most precise DN and the call will not go to the phone.

Description :

--------------

Iphone DN : 11000

Route Point DN : 1000

Issue:

External Call to ipphone 11000 -- (incoming Call ) Gateway MGCP ( Digits pr?sent?s : 1000 ) ? Routing call by the CallManager to the RoutePoint DN:1000 (( not to the Iphone DN 11000 ).

It?s possible to use the ?Prefix DN? option on the Gw MGCP configuration of CallManager to add a ? Prefix DN 1xxxx ?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,

--

Christophe

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Fri, 04/06/2007 - 04:10

What is the Significant Digits field in the gateway configuration in CCM admin set to?

Brandon

nicolas Fri, 04/06/2007 - 05:15

Hi Brando,

The significant digits filed is set to " All".

thanks in advance.

--

christophe

Brandon Buffin Fri, 04/06/2007 - 05:25

So, is the telco only sending you 4 digits? You could use 1 for the Prefix DN field which would add 1 to ALL incoming calls. If you receive incoming calls for your route points, etc. on this gateway, this could cause a problem as 1000 would become 11000.

Brandon

nicolas Fri, 04/06/2007 - 05:57

Yes, correct.

The CTI RP, etc.. are used only internal routing.

I would like to know adding Prefix DN : 1 or Prefix DN : 1xxxx ?

thanks in advance.

--

Christophe

Brandon Buffin Fri, 04/06/2007 - 06:00

You would just configure Prefix DN as 1. I think a cleaner, more scalable solution would be to have the telco send you 5 digits or all digits. In the future, you may need to allow numbers in the range 2xxxx. Then, your Prefix DN of 1 would not work. Just something to think about.

Brandon

nicolas Fri, 04/06/2007 - 06:10

It's not possible that the provider send 5 digits, the best solution for us is used the Prefix DN : 1

Is not necessary to configure "Prefix DN=1xxxx" ?

Only " Prefix DN = 1 "

thanks in advance.

Regards,

--

christophe

nicolas Fri, 04/06/2007 - 06:31

Hi,

Thanks Brandon, I will apply that in prod asap.

Have a good day

--

christophe

Actions

This Discussion