Views
Helpful
Replies

Num digit : incoming Calls

nicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Gateway MGCP (IOS) with CallManager 4.0 (2a), the Num Plan based on 5 digits for Phones.

When I receive an incoming call bound for a Phone I see that the operator presents only the last 4 digits to me. That it work if my number ( DN ) called is single. But here is in our internal num plan we use DN with 4 digits (RoutePoint, DN RightFax, and other). What occurs sometimes it is that if external call is received bound for a phone and that the last 4 digits correspond to another number (DN) the CallManager will take the most precise DN and the call will not go to the phone.

Description :

--------------

Iphone DN : 11000

Route Point DN : 1000

Issue:

External Call to ipphone 11000 -- (incoming Call ) Gateway MGCP ( Digits pr?sent?s : 1000 ) ? Routing call by the CallManager to the RoutePoint DN:1000 (( not to the Iphone DN 11000 ).

It?s possible to use the ?Prefix DN? option on the Gw MGCP configuration of CallManager to add a ? Prefix DN 1xxxx ?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,

--

Christophe

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the Significant Digits field in the gateway configuration in CCM admin set to?

Brandon

Hi Brando,

The significant digits filed is set to " All".

thanks in advance.

--

christophe

So, is the telco only sending you 4 digits? You could use 1 for the Prefix DN field which would add 1 to ALL incoming calls. If you receive incoming calls for your route points, etc. on this gateway, this could cause a problem as 1000 would become 11000.

Brandon

Yes, correct.

The CTI RP, etc.. are used only internal routing.

I would like to know adding Prefix DN : 1 or Prefix DN : 1xxxx ?

thanks in advance.

--

Christophe

You would just configure Prefix DN as 1. I think a cleaner, more scalable solution would be to have the telco send you 5 digits or all digits. In the future, you may need to allow numbers in the range 2xxxx. Then, your Prefix DN of 1 would not work. Just something to think about.

Brandon

It's not possible that the provider send 5 digits, the best solution for us is used the Prefix DN : 1

Is not necessary to configure "Prefix DN=1xxxx" ?

Only " Prefix DN = 1 "

thanks in advance.

Regards,

--

christophe

Correct. Only Prefix DN = 1. This will add a 1 to all incoming calls.

Brandon

Hi,

Thanks Brandon, I will apply that in prod asap.

Have a good day

--

christophe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: