Views
Helpful
Replies

How to interconnect 2 CM with H323

kayih
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I know it is possible to link 2 CM with a ICT trunk, but I would like to know whether it is possible to use 2 H323 gateways (one for each CM) to interconnect the CM.

I've heard about IP to IP gateway but I'm not really sure when it could be used (is this one compulsory).

would it be possible also to use gatekeepers instead of gateways.

thank a lot for your help.

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

a way of getting this work is to configure the Gateway as a Gatekeeper and then use Gatekeeper controlled ICT

Kaine,

Yes technically this can be done. This would use the IP to IP GW feature or the legacy MCM feature. Essentially IP to IP gateway allows for Voip to VoIP routing, where as a traditional H323 GW does VoIP to POTS. If you would like a detail description on how this is down we can post it but it would be recommended to use the GK Controlled Trunk (with an IOS GK) or ICT first.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

thanks guys for your helpful answers, I really appreciated.

thanks a lot again.

jean-philippe

Like Fred suggested, you dont need a IPIPGW and a GK to do this networking. IPIPGW can be used to hide addresses going back and forth between the two end gateways (like a proxy) and also any kind of translation in protocols required like H323 to sip and vice versa.s

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus