cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with ASA5510

mikef
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a PIX525 and we just purchased a ASA 5510 to do VPN. What I want to do is leave the PIX in place as firewall and use the ASA device strictly for VPN.

Current traffic flows like:

Internet router - 146.145.xxx.xxx

PIX Outside - 146.145.xxx.xxx

PIX Inside - 10.1.xxx.xxx

Inside Router - 10.1.xxx.xxx

LAN 10.1.xxx.xxx

I put a switch between the Inet router and the PIX. Then I connected the ASA to the Switch and assigned 146.145.xxx.xxx

I then connected the inside interface of the ASA to the LAN with 10.1.xxx.xxx, however everytime to i make a VPN connection I'm not able to ping any devices on the LAN from the VPN connection. Understanding that the VPN packets are probably trying to be routed through the internal router. How do i configure my ASA device to be a VPN server completely independent of the PIX, while still allowing VPN users access to the 10.1.xxx.xxx subnet?

I have been trying to setup the network like the following:

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I think if your problem is related to ping, you have to allow ICMP echo in both directions on your PIX and ASA. You can also try by sending some other traffic through VPN tunnel and see if it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: