I could use some help. I have a client that has asked me to assist in doing some basic configurations for them on two 2950 switches. I am not entirley new to switches and router configurations, just don't get that much of time doing them so I get rusty. Here is what I am needing to accomplish. If someone could show the correct configurations for accomplishing these tasks it would be very appreciated.
basic install of the switches using
the following configuration Switch in Closet A: 168.xxx.xxx.xxx/25;
Default Gateway 168.xxx.xxx.xxx/25 Switch in Closet B:
168.xxx.xxx.xxx/25; Default Gateway 168.xxx.xxx.xxx/25
- All devices would be in default VLAN1
- Password configuration for Console/via Telnet session
ESTABLISH CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN SPRINT ROUTER TO SWITCH IN CLOSET A
- Connect SPRINT router to port 1 of switch in Closet A
- Connect Serverts from Port 5 onwards
- Test connectivity via ping to default gateway
- Move the servers/end hosts over to new switch
TRUNKING BETWEEN SWITCHES CLOSET A TO CLOSET B
- Configure traunking (default VLAN1) between GBIC 0/1 (Closet A) and
GBIC 0/1 (Closet B) and repeat the same step as step 2 (moving
servers/end-hosts) to new switch.
- Move GBIC connectivity from old setup to new setup.
likewise at his end.
- Possibility of IOS revision if the IOS flavour is old; suggested
metodology would be a TFTP server setup
My Client does understand that this is out of scope, but I can research everything that I need to do, I have most of the configurations but I want to make sure that I have them correct and to see if there is other ways of doing it, by getting answers from Engineers that do this Everyday. Your help is greatly appreciated.