cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

docs for a WAE newbie

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please point me to the docs that shed the light on how the Cisco's NM-WAE operates?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Greg,

The configuration guide for the NME-WAE is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6870/prod_module_configuration_guide09186a00807698a4.html

If you are looking for additional information, please let me know.

Zach

Zach...appreciate the link...very informative and in lay man's terms...I was just wondering if u be so kind as to shed the light on the configuration "anomaly" in that article...when first setting up the nm, the article states to configure the module internal int to the router on a different subnet than the router's int to the module..and to configure the external int of the module to be on the same subnet with the router int to the module....if anything, i would think it would be reverse...

thanks again

Greg,

You conifgure either the internal interface or the externla interface, not both. In the Configuration Guide, are you referring to the following text:

"Setting Up Network Module Interfaces

Your first configuration task is to set up the network module interfaces to the host router and to its external links. You use these interfaces to access the module for installing and configuring the Cisco Wide Area Application Services software application."

?

Thanks,

Zach

That link doesn't appear to be active any more. Has it been moved?

Also, is it possible to run nme-wae modules without the Central Manager? If a Central Manager is required, what is the minimum necessary to work with? A customer has a simple two office network, and wants the minimum necessary hardware for optimization between them.

Here is the updated link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v403/module/configuration/guide/wsnmecfg.html

Regarding your second question, the Central Manager (CM) is required for configuration of the application optimizers within WAAS. So at a minimum, you will need two NME-WAE's and an external appliance to function as the CM.

Thanks,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: