cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Path from CCM 3.3.(3) to CCM 4.1(3)

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All: I am trying to get a clear step by step check list to preform a upgrade from CCM 3.3.(3) to CCM 4.1(3) ?.also any other thing to look out for?.All replys will be greatly appricated?.Thanks in Advance!!!

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I thinks that you only need to upgrade your OS version and, after that, upgrade 3.3(3) to 4.1(3).

Ypu can check the Callmanager Compatibility Matrix for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I would also recommend taking a bars backup and a system backup (like Ghost, Acronis etc) before performing the OS and CM upgrade.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jack,

I just wanted to add a note to Juan Luis and Sankar's good info.

If you are upgrading from Cisco CallManager 3.3, you must use the disks from the Cisco CallManager 4.1(3) software kit. ** When you receive this Media Kit you get a great detailed step by step guide**

For Cisco CallManager 3.3 Upgrades to 4.1(3)

If your server runs Cisco CallManager 3.3 and operating system version 2000.2.3 (or later), you can use the operating system upgrade CD-ROM or the operating system upgrade web download to upgrade the operating system to 2000.2.7sr2 or later.

From this good doc;

Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 4.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00803fd70b.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

These are good points what colleagues so far replied.But I do not think it will allow t upgrade directy from 3.3 to 4.1.3 as in between you need to upgrade to at least 4.0 then to 4.1.3 as this is the way cisco puts the product in the business. Check with cisco for that I am sure you will get the same answer if I am not wrong

Thanks Guys! This is exactly the feed back I was looking for. I am trying to order the Cisco CallManager 4.1(3) software kit and get a error at the end....I will check w/ Cisco maybe a issue w/ my Smartnet contract #, not sure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: