cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot Remote pc on Cisco VPN from a Cisco VPN connection

plovins4232
Level 1
Level 1

I do desktop support. Can I use Cisco VPN from my home broadband connection to connect to users using Cisco VPN to access company WAN? I have tried but we cannot ping each other.

4 Replies 4

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If I interpret your query correctly, you want to access users A, B and C - connected to your corporate network through a VPN client.

And you want to access their work station through a VPN client connection from your home machine.

Is that correct?

Are all the users connecting to the same head end device like you are?

Are you going to going to access the users A, B and C, through an IP address assigned to them from the head end device?

Or you are going to use FQDN?

Let me know.

Cheers

Gilbert

I believe the corporate vpn is set up where all vpn users which would be those I would troubleshoot as well as myself, connect to a device which hands out an ip. I have since queried our network team and this is blocked for security reasons. I am still curious how it could be done just to understand more of why it is blocked.

If you know the IP address of the user, then you should be able to access the other user IP address unless there are some filters on the concentrator assigned for this particular group that you are trying to access.

The IP address should be the address of the virtual adapter.

Rate this post, if it helps.

Cheers

Gilbert

I have ip address we were on the same segment, but could not ping each other. I think there was some filter to prevent it. Thanks for your interest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card