cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring Configs

jeff777
Level 1
Level 1

We just got two Cisco 1700 Series routers in and we want to use these routers to replace our existing 1601 routers. Is it as simple as saving the config off the 1601 routers and then restoring that config on the new routers? If so, what is the process? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

You can try saving the 1601 config to a text file, then copy and paste it to the 1700. Just make sure that you change the name of the interfaces accordingly.

hth,

hieu

How do I go about pasting it to the 1700? Can i just do a paste while I'm in Config Mode?

If you've the config for the 1601 already, then it's very simple. If not, connect to the 1600 via telnet and obtain the config.

1. connect to the 1700 via the console port and log into the config mode (optional: upgrade the IOS if needed)

2. open the 1601 config text file and copy/paste all relevant information and/or type the commands manually if it's different between 1601 and 1700 series routers.

3. compare and verify your config on the 1700 to make sure that it's as same as the 1601 routers.

4 . if all looks good, then the 1700 router is ready for deployment.

hieu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card