cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Unity System Prompts?

sskorf
Level 1
Level 1

My customer would like to have the initial systm prompt presented to new users changed from the standard "cisco unity messaging system..... etc" to playing a customised prompt. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Sarel

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Change the opening greeting call handler greeting to a custom recording.

SA\Call Handlers\Greetings Page

rlp

If this is not what you are talking about, yes I can find the wav for you and you can change it. Not sure if TAC will support the change.

rlp

This is probably it:

D:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvSubSetupUtils\AvSubSetupUtilsENU019

[AvSubSetupUtilsENU019]

Text=Welcome to Cisco Unity. Please take a moment to personalize or update your settings. To exit, press *.

rlp

Thanks a lot. The admin guide says changing the prompt is not supported so I'll try he alternate method first. Regards

kevin.l.clark
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wanted to change to custom greetings as well. We have several custom recordings and have been using them for nearly 3 years. We kept the old recordings just in case. The file locations for some of the files we use are :\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvSubSignIn\AvSubSignInENU001.wav and other files in D:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvPHGreet\ folder. We used a quiet room, and had the voice talent use a phone to record the files as a message, then using web mail saved the file and placed in correct folder.