cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Unity System Prompts?

sskorf
Level 1
Level 1

My customer would like to have the initial systm prompt presented to new users changed from the standard "cisco unity messaging system..... etc" to playing a customised prompt. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Sarel

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Change the opening greeting call handler greeting to a custom recording.

SA\Call Handlers\Greetings Page

rlp

If this is not what you are talking about, yes I can find the wav for you and you can change it. Not sure if TAC will support the change.

rlp

This is probably it:

D:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvSubSetupUtils\AvSubSetupUtilsENU019

[AvSubSetupUtilsENU019]

Text=Welcome to Cisco Unity. Please take a moment to personalize or update your settings. To exit, press *.

rlp

Thanks a lot. The admin guide says changing the prompt is not supported so I'll try he alternate method first. Regards

kevin.l.clark
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wanted to change to custom greetings as well. We have several custom recordings and have been using them for nearly 3 years. We kept the old recordings just in case. The file locations for some of the files we use are :\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvSubSignIn\AvSubSignInENU001.wav and other files in D:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvPHGreet\ folder. We used a quiet room, and had the voice talent use a phone to record the files as a message, then using web mail saved the file and placed in correct folder.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: