Views
Helpful
Replies

GK & controlled/non-controlled trunks

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a ccm cluster in site 1 and another ccm cluster in site 2, each site has 2801 gateway, and the two gateways are connected point-to-point to each other, i want to configure a gatekeeper and a gatekeeper controlled trunk between these two clusters:

1: can i choose any 2801 gateway among these two 2801 gateways to be a gatekeeper?

if yes and i chose site 1 2801 Router to be the gatekeepr then the remote gateway of course can register with this gatekeeper, but can this 2801 GW on this site (site 1) register with itself, since it's a site 1's GW and it's a gatekeeper at the same time?

2: do i have to deploy another gateway to to act as the gatekeeper?

3: is it better in this case to choose a gatekeeper controlled trunk or to choose a non-gatekeeper controlled trunk?

thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Before you go ahead and do that, have you considered what exactly is the advantage of a gatekeeper with just two gateways ?

yes you can have a combined GK/GW, but have to replace the image, add configuration, I connot see any advantage in doing that.

so u recommend using non-gatekeeper controlled trunk?

Yes, I reccommend a simple non-GK configuration that most of the times gives the bester result.

Thank you for rating all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: