cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lab schedule

r-cheung
Level 1
Level 1

trying to book CCIE storage lab in the last couple of weeks but no luck. it always says no seat is available. has anyone seen the same thing? I heard the the schedule system allows you to book for the next 6 months. I thought there aren't that many candidates for this track...

16 Replies 16

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

It took me just over two months to find a date posted on the site. My personal observation is that they seem to pop up in batches. Keep trying and you will be able to get a date.

I thought the scheduling system automatically updates the availability.

You know, I thought so too. But the 2 times I have seen dates released they have been released in clumps. My guess is that they are being released manually.

lilianfyj
Level 1
Level 1

I am also trying to book the lab exam, but no luck even I put the date as 04/13/2008. I opened a case in the on-line support center, asking why it is so difficult to schedule the lab exam.

The reply is "at this time there are no slots available for the Storage Lab exam. You will need to continue to monitor the online scheduling tool for slots that become available due to cancellations"

Does anyone know how many slots per month for storage lab? CCIE storage is not hot comparing with the others, don't know why the lab space is so limited.

is reservation blocked now or are they actually all booked?

if the reservation is blocked because the proctor is not available or other understandable reasons, I'll wait instead of trying this schedule system..

the schedule system is so cumbersome as it first asks you to key in 4 fields before you can login, then everytime I try to schedule, it always asks me to update my address and then confirm. It happens EVERYTIME. Does it happen to anyone?

The same thing happens to me. I think that may be an attempt at complicating scripting efforts.

I did see a date pop up this last weekend, but it got snatched pretty quickly.

Keep checking and I am sure you will find a date.

I also wanna book storage lab exam also said unavaiable this time.Any cisco staff can help us to book it?

I just heard that they are building out 2 more pods in RTP for storage. This should bring a total of 4 seats available per day.

I think that is a positive sign that Cisco is responding to the growth in the storage vertical.

So sit tight and study hard, and you should have your seat in no time.

Until then the refresh button is your friend.

But I really urgent because my written exam quick to expire. I try to phone to Customer Support(800)553-6387 or (408)526-4000 many times. Their feedback just tell you sorry i don know. This hotline not for exam information or u can book the lab exam in the internet. Any customer support can contact directly to cisco lab exam department? Thanks.

well they used to have ccie@cisco.com, but now they ask you to go through through the certifications support tool.

I feel for your situation, however I think the refresh button may be your best friend.

Hi, Guys, good new. I just saw many seats came out, and was able to schedule a date in August.

I actually reported this problem to certification support a couple of days ago. Surprisingly, I was told this track is booked "on demand". they must either start this process again or fix the problem.

now I realize what Colin said earlier.

anyway, go back to study and pratice now.

sdspageray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, anybody! I'm facing the same thing. I heard that the seats always released on 3 clock EST. But still cant get any one......can anybody give me some idea? My email Ray19683@Gmail.com, good luck for everyone!

I think you'll find the lack of seats is due to the changeover for the Storage Lab exam. There is a rush to book seats as from July 24th 2008 the lab will use SAN OS 3.x instead of 1.3. This means you will need to know advanced features such as DPVM, Enhanced Zoning, Santap, SME, NASB, DMM, NPV.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: