cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how could i know what type of the routers i can select ?

quxinhou
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know when i select a router that can be use in a environment of 100-200 men ,i should select which one ,is it a way to caculate it ,could you tell me ?

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

you need to find out how much traffic is going to stay local to your local network i.e., between your 100-200 Men and how much traffic is going to traverse to the external network (WAN/Internet).

If you are simply going to use internet and no other applications then you need to have a policy or base calculation on how much bandwidth is required for each user which may not fall in place.

based on the nature of the particular user and the frequency of accessing internet will decide the same.

once you have all in place with you after all the analyzing stage then you will be able to decide on how much bandwidth required and the router model which can support the same..

regds

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Edwin's post, once you have the final calculation done, you use the link below for checking the router performance and selecting the router model which will meet your need.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card