cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Shared Line

raylow
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement of the assistant answering a call for her Manager and she must be able to transfer the same active call back to the manager. Can IPMA shared line achieves that? If not, any workaround?

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Any reason to use IPMA in shared line?

If a system administrator has configured Cisco IPMA in shared-line mode, the manager and assistant share a directory number; for example 8001. The assistant handles calls for a manager on the shared directory number. When a manager receives a call on 8001, both the manager's phone and the assistant's phone will ring.

The Cisco IPMA features that are not applicable in shared-line mode include default assistant selection, assistant watch, call filtering, and divert all calls. An assistant cannot see or access these features on the Assistant Console application. The assistant's phone will not have the softkey for the divert all feature. The manager's phone will not have the softkeys for assistant watch, call intercept, or divert all feature.

If you are an assistant using Cisco IPMA in shared-line mode, you do not need to be logged in to receive calls. Calls to your manager will automatically ring on your phone. You need to be logged into Assistant Console if you wish to use the application to handle calls or if you want to use the softkey on your phone to transfer a call to the manager's voice messaging system

Proxy line for sure can do this or with Shared line, configure a secondary line for the manager.

Thanks for replying. Reason being of using shared line is the manager of having two active assistants at one time. As for Sec line, it will be a different number as his primary DDI extension (Correct me if I am wrong).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: