cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones do not show up in BAT

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to pull data from all phones within my network, out of the 4 locations, 1 is not showing all the phones and the other I am getting the following error message... here is no records satisfying the conditions. I know that I about 50 phones at this location.

Any ideas guys?

James

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Have a close look at the Search Method that you are using. You would have to do multiple exports depending on the number of phone models etc.

Exporting Phone Records

To export phone records from Cisco CallManager, use this procedure.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Configure > Phones. The Phones Options window displays.

Step 2 Click the Export Phones radio button and click Next. The Export Phones window displays.

Step 3 In the Export file name field, enter your file name.

Step 4 In the File Format Name field, choose either the Default Phone or All Phone Details file format. Your choice determines the export option and sets the appropriate export option radio button.

**For All Phone Details file format, choose the type of device or specific model in the Model list box under the All Details radio button. Skip to Step 6.

**For Default Phone file format, choose the type of device or specific model in the Model list box under the Specific Details radio button.

Step 5 You can customize the export file by choosing which set of phones to export, but the phone details are not configurable. Choose from the following fields:

a. Enter the number of lines for this phone model.

b. In the first drop-down list box, choose the field to query such as Device Name or Location.

c. In the second drop-down list box, choose the search criteria such as begins with, contains, or is empty.

d. In the search field/list box, either choose or enter the value that you want to locate, such as a device name.

e. To add the defined filter to the query, click Add To Query. You can click AND or OR to add multiple filters and repeat Substep b. through Substep d. to further define your query.

f. If you make a mistake, click the Clear Query button to remove the query; then, return to Substep b. and restart.

g. To verify that the exported records are correct, click View Query Result.

Step 6 To export the records, click Export, at the top left of the page.

Step 7 A message advises you of approximately how long it will take to export the records from the Cisco CallManager database. You can cancel the transaction or click OK to continue.

When the transaction completes, BAT displays either an Export Completed or Export Failed status. If BAT failed to export all the records, BAT displays an Export Failed message.

Step 8 To display the log file that was generated by BAT, click on the View Latest Log File link. The log file indicates the number of phone records that were exported, the number of phone records that failed to export, including the error code, the number of export files that were created, and the location of the files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also view or download the exported file by choosing the View/Download Exported File link. The link does not display if BAT creates more than one export file.

From this doc;

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f29.html#wp1086410

Hope this helps!

Rob

it turns out that the log file is corrupted and i need to either reinstall BAT or upgrade to the latest verizon. I will let you guys know the outcome once I am done.

I did just like TAC told me too, still did not work. It turns out the Cisco engineer that installed the VoIP network only filled in the location (which is what i was doing my search by)for some of the phones. So I used BAT to fill in the proper location for all phones by doing a search by device pool.

Please rate this post!

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: