Views
Helpful
Replies

Dose CM4.1 AAR support H323 gateway at remote office

joli
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

My client use h323 gateway at remote office, has WAN connection to Center Office using Callmanger 4.1. Can I configure AAR on CM to backup WAN if not enough bandwidth?

John

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

Yes, you can definitely use AAR with h.323 gateways.

Brandon

Brandon,

I configured H323 gateway at Center office and point to remote h323 gateway, enabled AAR on the phones, location (include h323 gateway). Phone show call process during AAR, but call not connected.

Do you think this because I configured location on h323 gateway?

From debug I see the call go to remote h323 gateway through pstn, but cannot connect to the IP phone at remote site.

Thanks,

John

The gateway should have the same Location as the remote phones. If you do a "debug voip dial", do you see the call hitting the proper dial peer on the remote gateway?

Brandon

From debug q931, I saw the call hit right dial peer on remote gateway, call coming from pots dial-peer, outgoing with called DN 5xxx to voip dial-peer that pointed to CM. The call try to reach CM to get phone, but CM rejected because of CAC.

When AAR is invoked you want the call to go to the full E.164 number out through the PSTN, not using an internal extension over the IP network. Do you have the E.164 number configured as the external phone number mask for the DN you are calling? Do you have AAR groups setup with an access code such as 91? Do you have the AAR service parameter enabled?

Brandon

I configured E.164 number as ext. phone mask, enabled AAR, created AAR groups(inside 9, betweem sites 91) and AAR CSS for both sites.

When the call hit remote gateway through PSTN, I translated E.164 to 4 digits, let them match the voip dial-peer to reach the phone which registed CM.

John

John,

You cannot translate the number and use a voip dial peer in the case of AAR since AAR is being invoked because there is not enough WAN bandwidth to support the call.

Brandon

So how call from PSTN at remote site to can reach the phone if no voip dial-pper to CM?

John

You do need the voip dial peer. AAR will never be invoked for a call from the PSTN to a remote site phone as this call does not cross the WAN. AAR will be invoked when a call is going between sites and does not have enought Locations bandwidth to complete the call. In this case you want to call to go out to the PSTN to complete instead of over the IP network. For example, if 2000 at the remote site calls 1000 at the main site and there is not enough bandwidth available, you want the call to complete, but use the PSTN instead of the WAN. To make this happen, AAR uses the AAR group access code + the external phone number mask of the called DN to route the call out the local gateway. With a call from the PSTN, the only time AAR would be invoked is if a call from the PSTN at the remote location is routed to a phone at another location. Did I misunderstand your question?

Brandon

Brandon,

Under MGCP gateway at remote site, the call from PSTN dial direct send to CM because Application MGCPAPP under pots dial-peer.

For H323 gateway, I don't know how to send call direct to CM. I just configured voip dial-peer for CM and transleted incoming E.164 to DN match remote site phone DM.

John

John,

Yes, that is correct. My point is if the gateway and the destination phone are at the same location, the call will never traverse the WAN and therefore, AAR will not be necessary. The signalling in this case will cross the WAN, but not the media.

Brandon

Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: