cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5 SIP URI call

ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to place a SIP call to a SIP/SCCP endpoint that is registered with CCM from a SIP softphone (that is not registered with CCM). Basically, I am just trying to dial a SIP URI to call a phone that is registered with CallManager.

For example, I am trying to use a Linux-based softphone - Ekiga - to dial sip:50956@10.244.2.10. 50956 is an extension assigned to a Linksys SIP phone that is registered to CCM 10.244.2.10. Ekiga is not registered with CCM.

Whenver I try do dial this URI, Ekiga sends a SIP INVITE to CCM UDP port 5060, which then responds with:

SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

I have also had the same result with the SIP cli-based testing tool sipsakk.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

If so, can I also dial SCCP endpoints via a SIP URI (and the B2BUA functionality in CCM will handle the SIP/SCCP signaling)?

I have been playing around with CCM 5.1 for a few weeks but have been unable to find any documentation about this.

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You need to create a SIP trunk so CCM doesnt reject the call.

Can this be done without a SIP trunk?

I would like to be able to receive SIP calls from anyone on the Internet (like the Cisco SIP Proxy Server permitted before it went EOS).

I know that a second part of this is to setup a SIP SRV record for my domain so that sip:9995551234@mydomain.net works. Right now I am just trying to see if I can get CCM 5 to redirect a SIP INVITE from a softphone to a phone that is registered with callmanager.

Does CCM 5 even support URI-based dialing (sip:9995551234@mydomain.net), or just ENUM dialing (where DNS would need to be configured to support ENUM with a NAPTR record like 4.3.2.1.5.5.5.9.9.9.1.e164.arpa to dial 19995551234)?

Cisco Unified CallManager only supports E.164 addresses; it does not support email addresses.

For outgoing an email address format (employee@company.com) that is supported on Cisco Unified CallManager with SIP route patterns

You may start thinking in Phone Proxy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: