cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5 SIP URI call

ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to place a SIP call to a SIP/SCCP endpoint that is registered with CCM from a SIP softphone (that is not registered with CCM). Basically, I am just trying to dial a SIP URI to call a phone that is registered with CallManager.

For example, I am trying to use a Linux-based softphone - Ekiga - to dial sip:50956@10.244.2.10. 50956 is an extension assigned to a Linksys SIP phone that is registered to CCM 10.244.2.10. Ekiga is not registered with CCM.

Whenver I try do dial this URI, Ekiga sends a SIP INVITE to CCM UDP port 5060, which then responds with:

SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

I have also had the same result with the SIP cli-based testing tool sipsakk.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

If so, can I also dial SCCP endpoints via a SIP URI (and the B2BUA functionality in CCM will handle the SIP/SCCP signaling)?

I have been playing around with CCM 5.1 for a few weeks but have been unable to find any documentation about this.

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You need to create a SIP trunk so CCM doesnt reject the call.

Can this be done without a SIP trunk?

I would like to be able to receive SIP calls from anyone on the Internet (like the Cisco SIP Proxy Server permitted before it went EOS).

I know that a second part of this is to setup a SIP SRV record for my domain so that sip:9995551234@mydomain.net works. Right now I am just trying to see if I can get CCM 5 to redirect a SIP INVITE from a softphone to a phone that is registered with callmanager.

Does CCM 5 even support URI-based dialing (sip:9995551234@mydomain.net), or just ENUM dialing (where DNS would need to be configured to support ENUM with a NAPTR record like 4.3.2.1.5.5.5.9.9.9.1.e164.arpa to dial 19995551234)?

Cisco Unified CallManager only supports E.164 addresses; it does not support email addresses.

For outgoing an email address format (employee@company.com) that is supported on Cisco Unified CallManager with SIP route patterns

You may start thinking in Phone Proxy.