Content engine DNS question

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2007

We're using the content engines to cache web & ftp traffic.

If we have multiple DNS servers listed, does the content engine use them from top-down (if not found from 1st, go to next), or in rotation (like round-robin)??

We have multiple domains that require multiple DNS servers to work together, and there are DNS records that only each DNS server knows about.

The server I listed on top has records that are more frequently requested, so I'm hoping it's the top-down fashion.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sbilgi Mon, 04/16/2007 - 10:54

Content Engines with ACNS 5.1 software can intercept DNS requests that have been issued to DNS servers (forwarders or recursive) that traverse the interception device. Upon receiving a request, the Content Engine transmits that response to the client if it has a current cached response. For more information refer

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/conntsw/ps491/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cc94b.html#wp1108669

joquesada Tue, 04/17/2007 - 12:24

Hi,

To answer your question, the CE will use the first DNS server in the configuration, and would use the second one, only if the first fails to answer to a query; then the third if the second fails to answer the same query and so on.

As you said, you need this to work top-down fashion, and it is working like that.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Regards,

Jose Quesada.

Actions

This Discussion