cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoUnity_DSAD Error in Unity 4.0(5)

mikeh
Level 1
Level 1

We have been running this server for a while and while it seems to work well, we see this error in the Application Event Log:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 1096

Date: 4/10/2007

Time: 10:06:15 AM

User: N/A

Computer: KINGSUNITY

Description:

The AvDSAD does not have a domain controller for the domain: , and could not get one from Active Directory. Ensure that a domain controller exists for this domain, that no DNS issues exist, and that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account has the proper rights.

It strikes me odd that this message indicates it is looking for a domain controller for domain "". No domain name?

I have the GCDC manually configured to point to two of my Domain Controllers which are GC's (and the tests are OK).

I have run the Permissions Wizard to assure permissions are assigned to the services and in Exchange.

Any other thoughts on what I might be missing, or is this a TAC case that I haven't opened yet?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

2 Replies 2

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Mike, we are having a similar issue. Did you find a fix?

Yes I did, but I had to call TAC. There was an entry in a SQL table referring to a domain controller, but the record was incomplete. He deleted the record and fixed that error.

The connection to our actual servers and domain were working properly. I was only seeing the error about the server that could not be found.