Multicasting In Bcmsn 642-812?

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2007

Hi all,

First post on these forums but I've found them extremely useful in my study (passed BSCI last week).

Anyway, I have moved onto BCMSN now and the Ciscopress self-study guide I have (up-to-date one for 642-812) has a whole chapter on multicasting in a multilayer environment. This seems to repeat most of the knowledge from BSCI.

However, the Ciscopress exam certification guide I have for 642-812 has nothing on multicasting. Also, I notice from the Cisco website that the old BCMSN exam had multicasting in the curriculum:

but the new one doesn't mention it:

Is it safe to assume that multicasting has been moved into BSCI and that it can be ignored for BCMSN?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stefan.jones Sun, 04/15/2007 - 08:09

I took the BCMSN not too long ago. There were no mulitcast questions and only a couple of high level wireless questions (like the difference between lightweight and autonomous, for example). Lots and lots of VLANs, spanning tree and port security.

stephen.stack Mon, 04/16/2007 - 14:04

I have just finished reading the new BCMSN Ciscopress book by David Hucaby. The book does not contain any references to multicast at all, let alone any chapters. Your assumption is right though. I did the new BSCi a couple of weeks ago and there was quite a bit on multicast on it.

Multicast is now a BSCI topic and is not a topic on the new 642-812 BCMSN exam.

This Discussion