cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie looking for help

scottelawton1
Level 1
Level 1

I am deploying two Cisco Call Managers (Subscriber and publisher) for my customer w/ two 2851 each with 2 x PRI NI2 (one for protection). There are not mnay subscribers (Max 350) and I am required to meet certain traffic management criteria, and I am not sure how to show that I am. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please see requirements below:

E. Traffic Capacity

1. At installation, the system shall have sufficient trunks as necessary to provide a

blocking factor of P.01, or less.

2. The internal system shall be non-blocking; and shall include sufficient time slots

and software/hardware capacity to provide the following minimum busy-hour traffic

handling capability for the ?wired-for? configuration:

a. AT LEAST - 7 CCS voice per line (30 percent incoming, 25 percent

outgoing, and 45 percent station-to-station traffic).

b. AND: 36 CCS per trunk or tie-line.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a poorly written RFP.

Basically, CallManager can do Call Control between sites using CAC. You can predefine how many calls can go through between each site. If you have 128k reserved for voice in the WAN between SiteA and SiteB, using G729, you can get about 8 calls, probably less with overhead.

Station to station traffic is more like saying IP phone to IP phone on the same LAN. Not sure why its limited to 45.... odd... but

anyways, read up on CAC (call admissions control) in CCM and it should explain this more.