BCMSN 642-812

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2007

Im getting ready to take the BCMSN for CCNP. I have been studying quite a bit with the Exam Cert Guide. and with the Video Mentor DVD's as well as working with my lab equipment. Has anybody here taken the new test and prepared with the 396 or so questions from the Exam Cert Guide (the new one 642-812)? Are those questions anything like the questions that will be on the test? I heard mixed things and I want to know if anybody has had and recent experiences taking this test. I only want to take this once so I need to make sure I am prepared the first time. Thanks for your replies!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
dladen Sat, 05/05/2007 - 11:04

I have recently taken this test. Review the show command and learn to decipher the configuration and how the environment will adjust if a configuration is change.

I studied with the book. My butt was kicked because I was not prepared to decipher the show comands

ie. sho spanning-tree, sho standby, etc.

The book show this in the reading but I do recall this in the sample test.

Good Luck.

2044418Puts Sun, 05/06/2007 - 11:33

Took this test 2 days ago. In my opinion it was a "good test". With that I mean that it was not too hard but certainly not easy either.

The simulations were very easy.

Adding VLAN in global config mode.

VTP configuration in global config mode.

Indeed the show and debug commands are very very important. You need to know how to read the debug of the active/passive HSRP switchover (preempt). And the STP root / priorities is also a big subject of the exam.

New things were Voice VLAN's and Wireless (remember the collors of the tray icon of ACU ;) ).

deepa.muralidharan Sun, 05/06/2007 - 20:10

Hi,

Deepa here. I plan to give the exam this week. Please let me know the important topics that i revise as per the current exams for BCMSN. Also, please give some information on the extent of preparation required to answer question from Wireless, preferably a link which covers the syllabus for the wireless concepts.

Thanks in advance !

rodmont74 Mon, 05/07/2007 - 10:22

Hi, I decided to go with BCSI exam first last year (november), and got the new book december and passed exam in march. For this exam I used only the book tests for practicing and I read it carefully twice. Definitely not an easy exam but it's not so difficult as BCSI (router exam). I have some practice at work doing some of the tasks that are part of them exam/course.

Wish u good luck in the exam.

Actions

This Discussion