Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME stable version

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hello --

Is anyone running a stable build of CCME 4.X? I have a customer interested in the 7941; however, last time I ran CCME 4.0 with analog lines we ran into at least 5 bugs. Of course this was August of 2006.

This scenario uses a bit different in the fact that they are using an integrated T instead of the analog lines.

Basically I wanted to see if there is anyone out there with a stable install before I tell the customer that we need to back down to 3.3 and 7940s.

Thanks guys.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

My installations of 4.0x and 4.1 are stable.

Reality is that when installing with FXO lines, you are almost guranteed to run into trouble - lack of disconnection, strange calls drops, etc.

With ISDN you should be OK. What is integrated T ?

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Integrated T1, a digital line with 12 channels of voice and 768k of Data.

Thanks for the information. The sad part is, we were running into problems with disconnection, and dropped calls. Would you recommend 4.0 or 4.1?

Thanks again.

I would run 4.1 only if interested in the new features that are mainly for SIP phones.

Then again, I'm a bit of technology pusher and installed 4.1 everywhere.

Which signaling is on the integrated T1? HAve you check show controller T1 for errors/slip ?

Also important the FW on the phones. Excpet for the 7940, I run latest FW on all other types.

Haven't asked what type of signaling is on that T1, I am still in the Planning Phase. The T1 is currently connected into an Adtran servicing their existing phone system.

I wanted to add something else about the stability of CCME. I've following this forum since three months and everyday questions come on how to make something work, configurations etc.

But never anybody has been writing like id desperation because instability or general failure. So far all the issue have found a solution I'd say.

Fair enough, I just know that I ran into a ton of problems last year, many related to the IOS and not the lines. Such as SIP MWI Relay problems and DSP issues. However, if you can run 4.1 without any issues then I will go ahead and do it. I'd hate to run 3.3 if I didn't have to.

Thanks.

I have a 4.1 with CUE and SIP/MWI works fine on 7912 and 7941. 1x E1 PRI and everything is fine so far.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: