Replies

RPC Server unavailable

r-livermore
Level 1
Level 1

FW: ASA 5510 v7.0(5)

Client: XP Pro (VPN Client 4.8)

Server: RedHat (RH) ES v3

FW and RH server are in the same subnet (192.168.1.0/24). XP Pro client receives 192.168.100.150/32 address from FW.

Issue:

XP Pro client establishes a VPN connection and tries to access any share on the RH server and I get, "RPC Server is unavailable", (accessing any Windows share works well). If I try to map a drive to the RH server it prompts for a username + password, tried everything I can think of, nothing works. I recall looking at the RH logs but it didn't reveal any useful information.

Contacted both Cisco and RedHat support with no luck on this one (Cisco suggested contact Redhat and Redhat said they only support Redhat VPN's), so I'm hoping someone else out there may have a similar network and can offer some insight...thanks.

2 Replies 2

r-livermore
Level 1
Level 1

Turned out to be a problem with the Red Hat server. Had to adjust the samba configuration file. All is well now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: