Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast busy while transfering a call

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I receive a call and need to transfer it to a different extension number but the only thing I hear is a fast busy! I know this may have something to do with Partition and CSS but the number to which we are trying to transfer is in the same partition and CSS. Do I need to enable MTP on the GW config page? The CCM version is 4.1. Could you please advice?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you dial that extension from the phone you are trying to transfer.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes I can

So when you answer call1 on this phone and then then hit transfer softkey, and dial the extension it should start ringing. Do you hear a ring, or a fast busy at this time ? Or do you hear fast busy on the original caller's phone, after the transfer is complete ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

It's a fast busy!

OK, That doesnt help a lot. You need to tell me if you are hearing fast busy when you hit transfer softkey and dial the destination or after your complete the transfer by dialing the number and hit the transfer key again.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I am out of the office and can't do any tests right now but need to resolve this issue remotely. Would it be possible for you to give me the solution for both scenarios?

Thanks

Let phone A be the phone with transfer problem. Phone B be the one to which you are transfering the call.

Case I: Call from phone C (ip phone) to phone A, from phone A, hit transfer key. Phone C should go to hold. Dial phone B. Phone B should ring.

i. If it doesnt not ring Phone B make sure Phone A has a CSS that has access to Phone B's partition.

ii. If Phone B does ring, hit the transfer key again and now Phone C should be connected to Phone B. This completes the transfer.

Case II: Repeat the above scenario for an external call from PSTN. (replace phone C with a cell phone and call phone A from PSTN).

Let me know if transfer fails in Case I or Case II or both.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

The transfer fails in both scenaios. As I mentioned before both phones are in the same Partition and CSS.

Thanks,

Does somebody have any idea?

Thanks,

Go the Application logs and see if at the moment of the transfer, any MTP errors are logged.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: