Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4948 with Ciscoworks / Ciscoview

alex.jeglinski1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out. Does Ciscoview support the WS-C4948? I have the Catalyst 4000 IOS pack and when I try to "enable" ports or use the monitoring with miniron it comes back with an error, saying the device is busy, the SNMP information is wrong (its not by the way), or the device isn't supported.

This also happens with my 6509's.

Any thoughts?

thx

-Alex

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 4948 is supported. What version of IOS is running on this switch? The RMON problem might be a known bug. As for enabling the port, it would help to get a sniffer trace of SNMP traffic to the switch when selecting to enable the port. Note: CiscoView will use the SNMP read-write credentials to do all port configurations with devices.

Hey,

I'm running IOS version 12.2(25)EWA7 on the 4948's. Is the "known bug" also affect Cat6905's?.

-Alex

There is a bug in your version of code relating to RMON (CSCef19969). An upgrade to 12.2(31)SG or higher will fix that. This bug does not affect the 6500s, but a sniffer trace will show more details as to why you're getting this error.

Thx so much...-Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: