Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Deployment

ktradmin2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Need to deploy wireless solution for approx 11000sqft warehouse. need information regarding Aironet 1240 and/or if solution fits need.

2 Replies 2

Mr. Bash
Level 1
Level 1

I manage AP's in a warehouse environment. 11K sq feet is fairly small you should only need two AP's, one really but I never deploy just one AP.

You can connect a 3dbi antenna [omni] and you should be in business. The power should be at 50mw I would imagine.

You can use Ekahau or something like it to do a paper site survey. Depending on what kind of product, volume and metal racking etc will dictate power levels.

The number of APs you are deploying will vary depending on the applications you are going to run and the number of clients you anticipate having connected at any one given time. If you are deploying an A/B/G wireless network Cisco recommends cell sizes of approximately 3,500 to 4000 square feet. With this in mind you will need a minimum of 3 access points.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card