Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the user of a phone

StoFFel_BE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to create the ability to change the user connected to a phone.

Here's what I mean:

- normally user A is connected to phone B, so phonecalls to A are sent to phone B.

- user A moves to another office, where phone C is located. We now want to be able to tell the CCME that user A is now connected to phone C, no longer to phone B.

I'm working on a TAPI-application that preferably should be able to include this functionality as well.

Is it possible to create this functionality programmatically?

THX!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you know CME you probably already know more than I do.. I've never actually installed a CME, I've just seen a few config files.

One thing that may be of use.. when you define the service, defined it as http:///path/app.jsp?device=#DEVICENAME# ..

That'll result in each phone appending

?device=SEPXXXXXXXXX when making the request so you already know the SEP No when a phone calls the service, which should help you identify which phone to edit on the CME.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

What you describe is known as extension mobility on call manager :) So I'd consider thinking about using a full blown call manager instead.

Alternatively, why don't you write a webservice that's available on all phones, and that allows users to "log in" on any given phone. You'd then identify the user's current phone, connect to the CME, and reconfigure the phone the user currently owns, and the phone from which the user has launched the service, swapping their config so that the whole user config is brought over from the old to the new phone.

Thank you for the very helpful answer!

It's impossible to change to the full CCM, though.

But the webservice seems like a good idea... I'll have a look into that.

Maybe you could give me some clues to get me started? :-$

If you know CME you probably already know more than I do.. I've never actually installed a CME, I've just seen a few config files.

One thing that may be of use.. when you define the service, defined it as http:///path/app.jsp?device=#DEVICENAME# ..

That'll result in each phone appending

?device=SEPXXXXXXXXX when making the request so you already know the SEP No when a phone calls the service, which should help you identify which phone to edit on the CME.

THX for your help! :-)

Okay, this is probably a stupid question... but where can I find information on how to build XML WebServices for Cisco's CME?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: