H323 Translations Update IP Phone Display

Unanswered Question
Apr 11th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi all,

I have a CCM 4.1(3) installation with ISR 3845 H323 gateways.

The H323 gateways perform some "voice translation-profile" actions on the called number at the inbound voip dial peer leg, before finding an outbound pots dial peer.

When using 12.4(9)T2 SP Services, the calling IP Phone's display is updated to relfect the IOS translations as soon as the call is alerting (Connected number COLP).

When using 12.4(12a) SP Services, the calling IP Phone's display is NOT updated to relfect the IOS translations.

Both images are using exactly the same configuration.

I dont actually want the translations to be visible to the user, so my fix is to use the 12.4(12a) code.

But does anybody know if this is a bug in either image or if it's a "turn off-able" feature in 12.4(9)T2 code. I cant seem to find any documentation on it.

Many thanks for any comments.

Chris

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 04/11/2007 - 03:53
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Very interesting.

I also use 12.4(xx)T with CCME and the number displayed is the connected one, not the dialed one. If there is a setting to control this, I would not know where to find it.

I suggest that you contact the TAC, escalation team, that in turn contacts developers, that in turn confirm or foresee the possibility of introducing yet another ISDN setting.

Of course, it can be a long and painful process.

Actions

This Discussion