Views
Helpful
Replies

Line appearance in the Phone

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having 7940 IP Phones with 2 lines configured for separate extensions. One is used for VOIP calls and the second is used for PSTN calls.

On th phone instead of individual directory numbers I want to have "VOIP" and "PSTN" in the display. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Pete

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Pete,

Yes, go to CCMAdmin | Device | Phone | Look for the Directory Number and configure that under Line Text Label.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

You can use the Line Text Label to accomplish this. Have a look;

Directory Number Configuration Page

Line Settings for This Device

Display (Internal Caller ID)

External Phone Number Mask

**Line Text Label**

Message Waiting Lamp Policy

Ring Setting (Phone Idle)

Ring Setting (Phone Active)**

Line Text Label

Use this field only if you do not want the directory number to show on the line appearance. Enter text that identifies this directory number for a line/phone combination.

Suggested entries include boss's name, department's name, or other appropriate information to identify multiple directory numbers to secretary/assistant who monitors multiple directory numbers.

Setting applies only to the current device.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed74c.html#wp1245287

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Gonz, you are too fast for this one fingered typist :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: