CCIE Voice exam without taking all CCVP papers

Unanswered Question
Apr 11th, 2007

Hi All,

Recently finished CIPT and CVOICE exams in CCVP. I am planning to take CCIE Voice directly without taking other CCVP papers.

Is it necessary that we need to finish all CCVP papers before taking CCIE Voice or would it be difficult to prepare for CCIE Voice without taking all the papers in CCVP.

Please advise on this.

Thanks,

Rajarathinam.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
devang_etcom Wed, 04/11/2007 - 04:58

if you have good enough knowledge you can go for CCIE... there is no any such requirement for CCIE... you can appear for CCIE with out Professional level exam...

mikedavi1 Wed, 04/11/2007 - 10:36

In terms of policy, one is not required to take or posess any of Cisco's certifications prior to obtaining the CCIE. You just take and pass the Qualification written exam, then you can take and pass the Lab exam.

The reality is, that the CCVP covers a subset of the CCIE content. It also covers some content that is not in the CCIE Lab. And it does so at something like an "intermediate" level of difficulty. The CCIE is much more difficult, especially the Lab. So while the CCVP is not required, it is certainly recommended in terms of preparation. If one is not capable of passing the CCVP, it is unlikely they will pass the CCIE.

Having personally "been there and done that" for Voice and Routing/Switching, I would strongly recommend you complete the CCVP prior to attempting the CCIE. I recommend this approach for two primary reasons. First, there is the possibility that you will learn something new regarding IPT and especially Cisco's implementation. And it may be a learning that is useful for you as you work on the CCIE. Second, upon completion of the CCVP, you will hold a certificate demonstrates some level of IPT competence that may improve your marketability.

HTH,

Mike

2pparish Wed, 04/11/2007 - 17:12

Thats where I'm going once I finish my CCNA and CCNP. Voice seems like area of Cisco products I want to work in.

Actions

This Discussion