Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.0.4 / CCM and TFTP Service are not running

dknechtenhofer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

under Control Center -> Feature Services there is a colum "Status". The Callmanager and Cisco TFTP Service are "not running".

When I restart those services, the status change to "running" but after a few seconds the status change back to "not running". What could be the problem ?

Thanks

David

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

David,

You need to install licenses for Callmanager nodes before being able to start these services.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I installed the License File, but perhaps there is was wrong !

Thanks

David

5.x License is normally slipt into 2. One would be for Device Unity and another for Node. The Node License file has to be installed for any service activation. If the license file is installed, can u check License File Report (System --> Licensing --> License Unit Report) and confirm if "CCM Node License Feature" shows the number of servers licensed. Incase the report does not match the licenses installed, restart Licensing Service (Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability Page ---> Tools ---> Control Center - Network Services ---> Select Publisher and restart Cisco License Manager.

I checked the Licence Unit Report. It shows me that there are two Nodes and 100 Phones authorized ! I restard the License Manager, but I have still the same problem. The CCM and TFTP Service comes not up. After 10 seconds it stopped.

What does the Eventviewer of your Callmanager shows? try to connect remotely to your Callmanager, start IE and try starting the services from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: