Views
Helpful
Replies

asyncronous routing between mgcp gateway and callmanager

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need some help here please. I have a 3825 that is acting as an mgcp gateway. I have several vlans with ip phones on them. My call manager is remote. I have a PRI terminating on the gateway. I have two paths to my remote call manager both connected to the 3825. I have policy routing configured on the 3825 to force all traffic from one vlan to take one path and all other vlans follow the dynamic path. The Gateway itself is configured so that it's source address uses the dynamic path. The problem I am having is that the vlan that is policy routed can not make calls out to the pstn over the PRIs. The call goes out but then appears to hang and the phone gets unresponsive. It does not even want to hang up the call. ONnet calls seem to work ok. I notice that the phone appears to drop connectivity with the callmanager. I can run a continuous ping from the policy routed vlan to the callmanager and never drop a ping. 2ms response time does not even fluctuate.

There is managed firewall inbetween both paths to the callmanager. I am leaning toward something with a firewall rule as the call flow may be asyncronous through ports in the firewall.

thanks for any help

Johnny

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would be best discussed in "IP telephony forum". My take: the FW has something to do with the problem.

fawwadasad
Level 1
Level 1

Also check your CCM Configuration, as you have to specify in IP Phones /CCM to use that GW for outbound call through your configuration

Regds,

Fawad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: