Are there any simple directions on how to convert a 6509 from CatOS to CatIOS? SUP720.
Dont know if my earlier message got posted, (page timedout), posting again: (Sorry if it is posted earlier)
Assuming you have backed up your configs from RP and SP, here are the steps which will help you upgrade.
Iam also assuming you have the Native IOS images in the respective places.(either slot0: / bootflash:).
1) Check the BOOTLDR variable. Make sure it is set to the MSFC image. You can do this by issuing the command "show bootvar"
2) Set the config-reg to 0x0
3) Save the config
4) Now, On the switch console, set the config-reg to 0x0 and reload the box
5) In the rommon prompt, type "rommon 2 > CONFIG_FILE=", then type "sync" and do a "reset"
6) If you have copied the SP image on slot0:, give the command in Rommon mode "rommon 1 > boot slot0:c6sup11-jsv-mz.121-19.E1a"
7) After it boots the SP console, your router would move to RP console. Here type "boot sup-slot0:c6sup11-jsv-mz.121-19.E1a" (If you have copied the RP image
in the sup-slot0:
8) Your sup-bootflash and/or slot0: is formatted with a format understandable by CatOS. You will have to format sup-bootflash and slot0: 's.
9) REMEMBER: Before you reload here, make sure the IOS images are copied back to the slot0: and/or bootlfash: location (Otherwise your switch becomes
inaccessible ! ! !.
10) Set your boot variables and config-registers and reload.
Welcome to the native IOS world ! :-)