cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515e Opening port 491

ciscoALI1006
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure the Firewall to open port 491. Appearently I am doing something incorrectly or failing to do something correctly in order to open this port. I have configured a security policy rule specifing the port and a service policy rule as well. can anyone help me?

4 Replies 4

srue
Level 7
Level 7

post what you did to 'open' port 491.

I have configured a security policy under the access rules for UDP and TCP on port 491 and I have created a Service Policy rule for the port as well

See screen shots

the access-list that is applied to the outside interface should have a destination IP that is a public IP. yo'ure using a 192.168.x.x address.

is this a home network? and are you trying to access port 419 or whatever from an internet host, to your internal computer?

if so, you will need to do a couple different things that include a static nat entry mapping the the port you need to the outside interface and inside ip. then chance the access list as previously mentioned.

I don't use ASDM so I honestly can't help you configure it with that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card