cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity changes Call Transfer settings by itself

kdamisch
Level 1
Level 1

Customer is running CCM 4.2(3)sr1 and Unity 4.0(4)sr1. There have been a few reports recently where the calls go directly to the greeting instead of ringing the extension. Each time, I looked in Unity > Subscribers > Call Transfer > Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone? and it is set to "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)". This has happened on a few different users and the users would not know how to change this either through the TUI or GUI. They may have accidentally changed it through the TUI, but very doubtful as they don't even go into the settings to change things.

To resolve the issue, I simply go into saweb and set the option back to "Yes, ring subscriber's extension".

I've never heard of Unity changing this automatically. Any suggestions on where to look as to what would switch that setting?

Thanks,

Kevin

12 Replies 12

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

You said you said it's happened on a few different users, but it's not clear if it keeps happening for those same few users. Are you saying it keeps going back to "Send directly to subscriber's greeting", or once you change it once, it stays to ring the extension?

Also check out this user guide: http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4608/c1626/ccmigration_09186a008022e0de.pdf Users can change the setting on their own by logging into their VM box, pressing 4 for Setup Options, 4 for Call Transfer and then Option 1 for Switch between transferring calls to extension or voice mail.

alexgrenier
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.

i would like to know what table in the sql set "Yes, ring subscriber's extension"

Alex

Perpahs the users make the transfer setting changes themselves? It is easy to do via TUI, and I've run into such situations.

Chris

i don't know why i have this problem,

i just know some user have this problem and each time i reconfigure manually

i want to check on table in sql who have this setting but i don't know wich.

Alex

Use the subscriber information dump tool in tools depot. It dumps the information to a csv file and you choose the information that you want.

You can read about the tool here but the tool is already on the Unity server in tools depy

http://ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

Hope this helps

Randy

what the name feild on subscrber information dump i need for see informaiton "Yes, ring subscriber's extension" as check

i try feild "transfer number". i have a good number but i don't know if is check or not.

Alex

Alex,

If the dump shows the number you have in the SA then that should be it cause you can't put a number in that field unless it is selected.

I will test too.

Randy

I have Unity 7.02

I tested and if you have and extension in that field it will show. However if you change back to send directly to greeting. The transfer extension still showed in the dump.

I did figure out a work around though. If I selected the second choice to transfer to this exension, save, the choose send to greeting and save.

It cleared the transfer number.

Hope this helps.

Randy

i try whit my subscriber

i have a check for use "Yes, ring subscriber at this number" and my number 67789

i uncheck "yes..." for "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)" i and always see in gray my extension.

i redump whit subscriber dump and i see my extension. i not restar unity.

i test this:

i put number 1 and i save. i change to send directly to subscriber and i save. i redump and i see on file number 1. it's good number but it's not the last chamge i made

i not sure i have a good result it's because i want the feild in which table this feature is configered

That is what I was trying to say, it does not really tell which setting is chosen. Let me see if there is another tool that is better.

Someone mentioned on earlier and I will check it out.

Give me a few.

Randy

I looked for a long time in the Data Link Explorer tool and it would have the setting but I have not found it.

CUDLE has all the settings in SQL.

Watch the training video and read the help files.

http://ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm

Hope this helps

Randy

thank you for your help

I continous to search the table and the feild too.

i can make request directly to sql table. the tool you present to me is a gravy.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: