Transfer Digits to PABX automatically....

Unanswered Question
Apr 11th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello, My router 1700 has 1 fxs port and 1 fxo port.. fxs is directly connected to phone and fxo to pabx(extension number 100). i can call to pabx user by using dialpeer pots but i have to connect twice..i mean when pickup the phone(on fxs, i press 100 then get another tone then press the intended pabx extension (ex:101). i want when i pickup the phone(fxs) i only press 100101 to get the pabx user ring.. not press 100 then press 101... anyone helps? Thank you ;)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Thu, 04/12/2007 - 01:49
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

hi,

check you config. under the dial-peer for FXO, configure "no digit-strip", or "destination-pattern 1..." Please familiarize yourself with the way digits are absorbed or forwarded by DP's, this is in the manual.

I imagine this is for a lab. For production environment, try to avoid connecting to the PBX with FXS/FXO, because there are a lot of problem in doing so. You should use iSDN whenever possible.

jemekeren Thu, 04/12/2007 - 18:09
User Badges:

hi beviacqua. yes i think i show know about absorbed and dp. i am confused about dot2 or T. would you please let me know where is the good manual for me to start? hmm.. is the pvdm and dsp is the same thing. how to calculate how may pvdm and dsp to support voice channel? tx very much for your kind :)

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 04/13/2007 - 01:50
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi jemer,

if you are calling variable-length numbers, you must use T at the end. What people often doesn't to, is to put first a fixed digit as prefix, then as many dots as the minimum number of digits following that prefix, perhaps three or four. That will make so an fastbusy is returned for misdialed calls and is a more accurate DP.

Yes pvdm's are codecs. Yo do "show diag" to see what you have in the router. For PVDM2 the digit in the part number indicates how many channels of G.711 and G.729 you can support. For other DSP or application the calculation is more complicated.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Actions

This Discussion