PIX 515e Failover license

Answered Question
Apr 11th, 2007

I have 2 PIX 515e firewalls 1 configured as a fail over unit. Can this license be changed so that i can use them separately? What is the approximate cost of the license change over and what is involved?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by mark.hodge about 9 years 7 months ago

Yes, you can purchase a licence upgrade from FO to

o Restricted PIX-515-SW-FO-R=

o Unrestricted PIX-515-SW-FO-UR=

o Active/Active PIX-515-SW-FO-AA=

Just google the part numbers for an indicative price.

The last time I did this I ordered through a Cisco Business Partner and revieved a paper licence. I then had to register the serial number with a Cisco web site. The site issues a new licenece key which I entered and after a reboot had the new licence.

One minor issue, Cisco don't seem to keep track of such upgrades with regard to maintenance, i.e. an upgraded device still apears with the original model number on the maintenance.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
mark.hodge Mon, 04/16/2007 - 14:37

Yes, you can purchase a licence upgrade from FO to

o Restricted PIX-515-SW-FO-R=

o Unrestricted PIX-515-SW-FO-UR=

o Active/Active PIX-515-SW-FO-AA=

Just google the part numbers for an indicative price.

The last time I did this I ordered through a Cisco Business Partner and revieved a paper licence. I then had to register the serial number with a Cisco web site. The site issues a new licenece key which I entered and after a reboot had the new licence.

One minor issue, Cisco don't seem to keep track of such upgrades with regard to maintenance, i.e. an upgraded device still apears with the original model number on the maintenance.

Actions

This Discussion