Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP-confederation

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

I am about to setup a confederation set up in my datacenter environment.Im in need of some clarifications.

Current setup details.

In a single ibgp domain 5 rtrs are there .2 rtrs will be seperated and configured as a private as.

1. Is it ok if a confederation behind ibgp(ibgp router will have direct connectivity with internet)

2.How the translations will happen?is there any standards for configuring confederations?any documents , links would be helpful.

3.can i get load balaning or sharing with ibgp peer from the confederation without any issues?

4.any other design considerations would be helpful.

1 Reply 1

ilya.varlashkin
Level 3
Level 3

With only 7 routers you probably will be better off just using route reflectors.

In confed setup you specify local sub-AS (router bgp X), confederation member AS (bgp confed peers ) and your AS seen to outside world (bgp confed ident Y).

Have a look here - http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ics/icsbgp4.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco