cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel 3945ABG - Cisco Aironet 1130AG Connection issue.

peter.matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect one of our Sony Vaio's which has an Intel 3945ABG wireless card to our Cisco Aironet 1130AG access point and unfortunatly the Sony will not see or connect to the access point.

I've connected the Sony to my D-Link access point at home and also have installed a web and walk card onto the Sony and have connected this to the Cisco 1130AG.

So it looks as though the problem is down to the link between the Intel 3945ABG wireless NIC and the Cisco Aironet 1130AG.

I've already updated the firware on the Intel 3945ABG. As anyone any idea's...

Cheers in advance

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

I have seen several compatibility issues with these clients and the Cisco Access Points. Also, check your client is CCX compatible with Cisco APs. Else, they will not function properly.

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Need to know how the wireless SSID is configured, i.e. encryption and authentication modes used.

I have hundreds of Intel 3945ABG users on a Cisco wireless network without ANY issues. I am using WPA2/PEAP/MSCHAP-V2 to a backend MS AD user database.

Depending on which authentication you use there may be several Windows XP SP2 hotfixes that need to be installed...

Try the latest Intel driver called V11.1.0.5_XP32.exe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card