cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating to new messge store

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(5). We are going to move are Unity servers to a new Exchange 2003 message store. We run in failover mode. Is the only thing that I need to do is run the message store config wizard on both servers and point them to the new message store? We have 4000 users on the system. Does anyone know an estimated time of how long this will possibly take and will this process bring over the messages from the other message store.

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

You also need to run pw first to give the mailstores the permissions they need also.

rlp

Thanks for that info. Will doing this bring over the existing vm messages from the current exchange message store?

unfortunatly this will not move the messages from the old mailstore to the new one. It will only point Unity to the new mailstore. PW will give the new mailstore the permissions it needs to work with Unity.

MSCW will point Unity to the new mailstore as the default.

The messages will still need to be moved by you or a 3rd party tool.

rlp

Thanks for the input. I guess I will use the Move Mailbox command in Exchange to move the mailboxes first then run the message config tool to point Unity to the new message store.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: