cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1200 and multicasting does not work

D
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco AP 1200 connected to an L2 switch.

Version of AP 12.3(7) JA

2 Spectralink phones

The Spectralink phone sends multicast packets but the other Spectralink phones don?t see them. When making a trace on the L2 switch the packets are visible.

For the Specteralink phone is this option push to talk

3 Replies 3

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Basic (default)?Allows transmission at this rate for all packets, both unicast and multicast. At least one data rate must be set to Basic. Refer to URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch3.htm#15458

dsmeyer
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the Spectralink phones as well, I found out that IGMP snooping was preventing the multicast PTT. By default this is turned off on the 1230's but on the 1240's you enter the global command "no ip igmp snooping vlan "

I was running into this same issue with 7921/25s and Push to Talk app I wrote for a customer. Worked great for them over the past few years across 16 stores but started having problems as they were adding new stores. Thought it was that they switched to 7925s but turned out to be the newer access points(1240s) all the other sites had 1230s.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: