cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity PA Design Question

lolu.oshunbiyi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has a CallManager Cluster 2 Unity Servers providing voicemail only and a Personal Assistant Server all on the customer premises. They will be moving to a hosted CallManager solution where the Callmanagers will be hosted in our datacenter, but the Unity servers will stay on the customer premises, as they will be looking to migrate to a Unified messaging solution later. The subscribers listen to voicemails via speech access on the PA server, and the PA server is using the CallManager directory at present. My question is should the PA server be Hosted with the CallManagers in the datacenter or stay on the customers site on the LAN with the Unity servers?

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My personal opinion is to put the PA server with the Unity servers as most of the interaction will be between PA and Unity. Also, PA is EOS/EOL. Some of the features of PA are being rolled into other products such as the new version of Unity. Something to think about for the future.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: