Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1242AG lwapp cli config

Hi,

I've a 1242ag lwapp AP that I would like to config via console ( i've to send to a remote site ).

That AP was previously configured, so I cannot change nothing.

I tryed the command

CLEAR LWAPP PRIVATE-CONFIG

But I get

ERROR!!! Command is disabled.

Any suggest ?

many thanks

luigi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

retiredmarine
Level 1
Level 1

If an lwapp ap is unable to reach a DHCP server, you can manually configure static controller information using the power injector console port and EXEC mode CLI commands. The static settings configured with the CLI commands are used by the lightweight access point to connect with a controller. These CLI commands can be used only on lightweight access points that are not associated to a controller.

Also, H-REAP access points that are in the Connected mode will not allow the setting or clearing of any configurations via the console. When the access point is in this state, configurations must be done through the controller interface. If access to configuration commands at the access point is required, ensure the access point is in Standalone mode before attempting to enter any configuration commands.

Once the access point has connected to a controller at any point (even if the H-REAP has moved back to Standalone mode), the access point's console will not allow configuration commands until a new password is set. Each H-REAP's password needs to be changed. This can only be set through the CLI of the controller to which the access point is connected. This command syntax can be used at the controller to set either an individual access point's console password or the password to all the controller's access points:

(WLC_CLI)>config ap username password {all | }

Note: For an access point that has not had its console passwords set, be aware that this configuration is only sent to the access point at the point the command is entered at the controller. Any access points that subsequently join to this will require the command be entered again.

Even once the access point has both been given a non-default password and the access point is in Standalone mode, the access point will still not allow access to these commands. In order to make changes to the H-REAP's configuration, the removal of pre-existing static IP addressing and controller IP address configurations is required. This configuration is called the LWAPP Private Configuration and will need to be removed before any new access point CLI commands may be input. In order to do this, enter this command:

AP_CLI#clear lwapp private-config

Note: In order to completely return the access point to factory defaults, upon access point boot, press the Mode button until the Ethernet light turns amber.

Only at this point may any LWAPP configurations be made

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008081103d.shtml

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vgregory1
Level 1
Level 1

Are you in Enable mode?

Enter Enable mode at the CLI and try using that command when you get the # prompt.

Hi Gregory,

thanks for the reply; i've also connected the console cable ;-) ... just kidding

What I found is that that command is disabled ( like a lot of other commands ).

The only way I found to reset the AP is:

- power-on with mode button pressed

- issued that command

- at this time it was possible to make change on hostname, ip,...

best regards

Luigi

retiredmarine
Level 1
Level 1

If an lwapp ap is unable to reach a DHCP server, you can manually configure static controller information using the power injector console port and EXEC mode CLI commands. The static settings configured with the CLI commands are used by the lightweight access point to connect with a controller. These CLI commands can be used only on lightweight access points that are not associated to a controller.

Also, H-REAP access points that are in the Connected mode will not allow the setting or clearing of any configurations via the console. When the access point is in this state, configurations must be done through the controller interface. If access to configuration commands at the access point is required, ensure the access point is in Standalone mode before attempting to enter any configuration commands.

Once the access point has connected to a controller at any point (even if the H-REAP has moved back to Standalone mode), the access point's console will not allow configuration commands until a new password is set. Each H-REAP's password needs to be changed. This can only be set through the CLI of the controller to which the access point is connected. This command syntax can be used at the controller to set either an individual access point's console password or the password to all the controller's access points:

(WLC_CLI)>config ap username password {all | }

Note: For an access point that has not had its console passwords set, be aware that this configuration is only sent to the access point at the point the command is entered at the controller. Any access points that subsequently join to this will require the command be entered again.

Even once the access point has both been given a non-default password and the access point is in Standalone mode, the access point will still not allow access to these commands. In order to make changes to the H-REAP's configuration, the removal of pre-existing static IP addressing and controller IP address configurations is required. This configuration is called the LWAPP Private Configuration and will need to be removed before any new access point CLI commands may be input. In order to do this, enter this command:

AP_CLI#clear lwapp private-config

Note: In order to completely return the access point to factory defaults, upon access point boot, press the Mode button until the Ethernet light turns amber.

Only at this point may any LWAPP configurations be made

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008081103d.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: